The Marikina Safety Seal is a certification program established under Executive Order No. 16 Series of 2021 aimed to mitigate the health risk posed to the public accessing business establishments from the spread of COVID-19.
An establishment that is qualified for a Safety Seal has been inspected and passed all the Minimum Public Health Standards (MPHS) required by the City.
Obtaining the Safety Seal shall be at no cost to the establishment and shall be valid for six (6) months from the date of issuance and shall be renewable subject to continued compliance with the eligibility requirements set forth herein.
The Marikina City Government will issue the Safety Seal for malls; wet markets; other retail stores; restaurants outside hotels; fast food, eateries, coffee shops; banks, money changers, pawnshops, remittance centers; car wash; laundry service centers; art galleries, libraries, museums; sports centers; tutorial, testing and review centers; gyms, spas; cinemas; arcades; and all other private establishments, that are allowed to operate under prevailing quarantine guidelines.see here
To qualify for the safety seal certification, the establishment should
1) have registration or accreditation requirements such as mayor's permit, DTI or Securities and Exchange Commission registration or DOT accreditation;
2) use StaySafe.ph or any contact tracing tool integrated within the same;
3) enforced and complied with the minimum public health standards provided in the Marikina Health Inspection Checklist ( see here
1) To apply, the owner or authorized representative of the establishment will have to download from the website, https://safetyseal.marikina.gov.ph/
or secure from the Marikina BPLO the checklist and perform self-assessment.
2) If self-assessment is favorable, the business establishment will then contact the office below to schedule an inspection.
Marikina Business Permits and Licensing Office (BPLO)
Contact Nos.: 82441800
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Once the establishment is found to have valid government-issued permits, the issuing authority will proceed with the inspection. If the establishment is found compliant based on the inspection, it would be informed how the safety seal would be provided.
4) For the complete process, see here
Effect of Non Compliance of the Business Establishment
In case of violation pertaining to any of the minimum public health standards, the business establishment shall be given another forty-eight (48) hours to implement corrective actions. If after this period the establishment still fails to correct the deficiency, suspension of operations may be ordered by the City until corrective actions have been implemented.